great northern tours
See some of Australia’s most striking avian species from the Far North and North West of Queensland. Come out and join us in the real Australian Outback!
May through to November is our dryer, cooler season and December through to April, wetter and more humid, but still incredibly green, with beautiful rainforest waterfalls in full flow and for the keen birders Cairns and the Atherton Tablelands has a lot of wet season activity an example being the arrival of the beautiful Buff-breasted Paradise-Kingfisher from New Guinea.
Great Northern Tours are more than happy to discuss a suitable tour option for you or your group. Our local knowledge on seasonal changes, road conditions and locale, is a great advantage when structuring a private charter request to cover a specific destination, timeframe or target bird species. Please don’t hesitate to email any enquiries.
Travel Insurance is ‘Not’ included in your tour price, Great Northern Birdwatching Tours strongly recommend that you take out ‘Comprehensive Health/Travel Insurance’ prior to embarking on any of our tours. Including cover for accidental death, medical expenses, loss/damage to of personal belongings or luggage, land and water-based activities and also any airfare or travel disruptions due to reasons beyond your control.
Please mention prior to any tour dates, if there are any food allergies, specific dietary requirements, or physical ailments, which may need some tour re-structuring.
terms and conditions
- A 10% commitment deposit is required for all extended tour options, to be paid within 7 days of booking, this will ensure your seat on the tour.
- The full tour payment must be received at least 40 days prior to tour departure.
- Great Northern Tours will send you payment details.
- Once commitment deposit and or full tour payments are received, a receipt and booking confirmation will be provided. All prices are in Australian dollars and G.S.T. inclusive.
All cancellations must be received in writing. Guest cancellation of any of the extended tours, will incur the following fees. Outside 120 days of departure, 50% of the commitment deposit will be refunded except in the event you have chosen a tour which included a regional airfare pre-booked by GNBTours eg. (Cape York 10 day) which will incur full deposit loss. Refer fees incurred table below.
In the event that any tour is cancelled by GNBTours you will receive a full refund of any monies paid. No liability will be incurred by G.N.B.Tours for paid flights by guests to and from the departure base.
Again reiterating the importance of your own Travel, Cancellation and Health insurances.
|100% of tour price:||Within 14 days of tour departure|
|50% of tour price:||Within 40 days to 14 days of tour departure|
|Commitment Deposit:||Within 120 days to 40 days of tour departure|
COVID - 19 CANCELLATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- If any intended guest has to cancel an extended tour booking with Great Northern Birdwatching Tours in the 2022 season because of ‘Covid-19’ State Government enforced travel restrictions, a full refund will be issued. With the exception of our 10 day Cape York tours which have a regional flight expense involved. For these specific tours which depart in October 2022, we will give a credit towards any extended tour run by GNBTours in 2023 to the value of any monies paid, less any flight costs incurred for by GNBTours.
- Any guests having to cancel a tour within 14 days of the departure date because of a ‘Covid-19’ related illness, will not be refunded tour payments fees. Again re-iterating the need for your own personal and fully comprehensive travel insurance.
- All cancellations must be received in writing.