great northern tours
See some of Australia’s most striking avian species from the Far North and North West of Queensland. Come out and join us in the real Australian Outback!
May through to November is our dryer, cooler season and December through to April, wetter and more humid, but still incredibly green, with beautiful rainforest waterfalls in full flow and for the keen birders Cairns and the Atherton Tablelands has a lot of wet season activity an example being the arrival of the beautiful Buff-breasted Paradise-Kingfisher from New Guinea.
Great Northern Tours are more than happy to discuss a suitable tour option for you or your group. Our local knowledge on seasonal changes, road conditions and locale, is a great advantage when structuring a private charter request to cover a specific destination, timeframe or target bird species. Please don’t hesitate to email any enquiries.
Travel Insurance is ‘Not’ included in your tour price, Great Northern Birdwatching Tours strongly recommend that you take out ‘Comprehensive Health/Travel Insurance’ prior to embarking on any of our tours. Including cover for accidental death, medical expenses, loss/damage to of personal belongings or luggage, land and water-based activities and also any airfare or travel disruptions due to reasons beyond your control.
Please mention prior to any tour dates, if there are any food allergies, specific dietary requirements, or physical ailments, which may need some tour re-structuring.
terms and conditions
- A 20% commitment deposit is required for all extended tour options, to be paid within 7 days of booking, this will ensure your seat on the tour.
- This commitment deposit is ‘non-refundable’ if tour intention is cancelled by guest within 180 days from tour departure date. Outside 180 days 50% of commitment deposit will be refunded.
- The full tour payment must be received at least 60 days prior to tour departure.
- Great Northern Birdwatching Tours will send you payment details.
- Once commitment deposit and or full tour payments are received, a receipt and booking confirmation will be provided. All prices are in Australian dollars and G.S.T. inclusive.
All cancellations must be received in writing. Guest cancellation of any of the extended tours, will incur a cancellation fee. If cancelled by guest (in writing) outside 180 days of departure, 50% of the commitment deposit will be refunded except in the event you have chosen a tour which included a regional airfare pre-booked by GNBTours eg. (Cape York 10 day) which will incur full deposit loss.
‘Refer cancellation fees incurred table below’.
In the event that any tour is cancelled by GNBTours you will receive a full refund of any monies paid. No liability will be incurred by G.N.B.Tours for paid flights by guests to and from the departure base.
Again reiterating the importance of your own ‘Travel, Cancellation and Health insurances’.
|100% of tour price:
|If cancelled by guest within 30 days of tour departure
|50% of tour price:
|If cancelled by guest within 60 days to 30 days of tour departure
|100% of Commitment Deposit:
|If cancelled by guest within 180 days to 60 days of tour departure date.